Pop / Folk
Cristóvam was born amongst the deep blue of the Atlantic and the lush green of the beautiful Azores. He is the grandson of a true radio pioneer and the son of two dreamers who raised him with the great music his grandpa left and a strong encouragement to always shoot for the stars.
Daydreaming with his eyes lost in the horizon, curious about what lay ahead of that intriguing line, Cristóvam knew he was born to cross it and that it would only be a matter of time.
- Best POP song nominee at 2017 IPMA’s
- “Walk in the Rain” was featured in portuguese blockbuster “A Canção de Lisboa”
- “Burning Memories” was featured on a commercial for the bank “Banco BIG”
- Wrote the song “Evergreen” for 2 “Vichy” Commercials
- Won the award for Vodafone One’s to Watch Portugal
- Won the music contests “Angra Rock”, “LabJovem”, “LabRevelação”
- Finalist at Songwriting Competition and UK Songwriting contest for 2 times in each
- “Faith & Wine” is currently in the semi-finals of songwriting contests “Songwriting Competition” and “Unsigned Only”
- Sold out Teatro Angrense, PT as a headliner (650 capacity)
"Hopes and Dreams" is just as personal and close to the bone as a piece of art can be. It is also Cristóvam's debut as a solo artist. A carefully cherry-picked collection of songs which will surprise you for their maturity, the kind you would expect from an old troubadour. His music is Azorean at heart, with Americana overtones. Fed by endless desire and ambition, this album culminated in a time of emotional chaos. Expect a journey where the ebb and flow of these emotions might strike you as your own.
It is a new beginning for Cristóvam, and hopefully the beginning of something new for you too.